The De Vincent Series
Overall Rating: ★★★★
Devlin, Gabriel, and Lucian De Vincent are the wealthiest of the wealthy in New Orleans. The amount of money they have is probably only one-uped by the family problems and drama they deal with. Their father has just passed away, their sister randomly shows up at home after she’s been missing for 10 years, reporters and law enforcement are trying to “bring them down” for who knows what. Each book follows a different brother and a different leading lady as we slowly start to unravel the haunting mysteries surrounding the family.
Am I total trash for romance novels with hot brothers now? Yup! Thanks Loretta and Fiction No Chaser – I blame you for my new found obsession. These books are intense, dramatic, funny, full of smut and I could not put them down. If you’re into romance with mafia family undertones, some ghost vibes, murderous/slightly crazy fiancés, and a creepy dead dad then these books are for you.
When I think of romance I think of damsels in distress waiting to be saved, but Julia, Nicolette, and Rosie do not disappoint in the independent lady vibes.
- Julia: The divorcee nurse with high-levels of wit and sass. She loves Old Navy and beignets…but who doesn’t love beignets.
- Nic: The 22-year old, llama loving, Southern Belle. She wear Vans and ripped jeans to work, is kind of awkward, and she is a vibe.
- Rosie: The widower. Super into paranormal investigations. Even more into having an arsenal of spitfire comebacks for anyone who tries to mansplain to her.
Let’s just say there’s enough strong personality to last a lifetime between these three.
- Lucian: The artist. If you love high levels of sarcasm and the ability to turn any serious situation into a joke, you’re going to love him.
- Gabe: The woodworker. He’s My least favorite of the three, but still fun in his own way. He’s the “thoughtful, caring” brother that’s good with his hands. *wink, wink*
- Devlin: The eldest. He’s a snob who speaks his mind, but I would not mind if Dev talked bossy to me.
Drama for Days
Someone needs to make this series into a show or a movie trilogy or something. The amount of drama this family has gives the Kardashians a run for their money. Grab your popcorn and get ready to snuggle up with some messed up, horny, man-child De Vincents. They do not disappoint in the drama department. And just when you think you’ve figured it all out…nope, you actually haven’t.
The Cheese Factor
Okay, okay – I know romance novels are full of scenarios that wouldn’t happen in real life, but I still found myself laughing and eye-rolling at some of the crazier moments. CAN people hook up in a random parking structure, out in the open, where there are probably cameras galore (and also probably people looking for their cars)? Yes, they can. Is it likely? DEFINITELY NOT. There are plenty more examples where that came from, but I’ll leave it at that and let your imaginations run free.
The Ugly Truth
I’m not a big reader of contemporary romance, but I might have to start reading more of Jennifer L. Armentrout. These books are fun and full of drama. Pick these up if you love romance, New Orleans, rich family drama, and/or cheeky love stories!
Talk To Me
Have you read these books? If so, what did you think of it?